searchmaid & popups

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Grips64, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grips64

Grips64 Registered Member

Have found "searchmaid" on may PC. downloaded "MS Antispyware Beta" and ran [made appropriate changes]. Downloaded "HijackThis", ran and removed inappropriate logs. Now having popups appear every 10 minutes or so. How do I get rid of them? I have run "Spysweeper" plus "Vet" plus "Security Task Manager" to no avail. somebody please help, o_O

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Grips64,

From the sound of things you have been hijacked and need to post a HJT log. You may also want to try the steps in general cleaning.

I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several other sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

You may also click on the ASAP in my signature and it will take you to the ASAP page that lists sites that accept HijackThis log submissions.

Two of the bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log.

Let us know how you do...

3. Grips64

Grips64 Registered Member

Thanks Puff-m-d.

Did everthing I was supposed to in "General Virus and Trojan removal Instructions" but every time after going through Step 22 the same 'Virus Scans' came up. I have now posted on "SpywareInfo.com" with the hope that someone will reply and that I can use the information from HJT to make my PC clean. With regard to Step 23 - I had all the Service Packs and Updates. Therefore, I don't know how the virus entered my PC and/or how to stop it in future!

Thanks again for your assistance - I am very much an "infant" member of the PC community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.