Searching for program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HellHound, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellHound

HellHound Registered Member

Hi Guys

I am looking for a program called "InstallRight". What it does is take a image of your pc, then you can install an app and it checks what changed and makes you a new install file for that app.

Can anybody help me with a web address of where I can find it.

Thanks
    Al :eek:

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

4. blabhead

blabhead Registered Member

5. justmeme99

justmeme99 Guest

I think Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite is the best.
    I read somewhere that most uninstallers in the market skip some reg entries (don't remember why) intentionaly.
    I made a test many years ago, using CleanSweep, Uninstaller (old one) and Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite (EasyClean at this time), and this one (Ashampoo)found ALL modifications, the other ones missed a lot of things (even regular files). I think most of them consider users as beginners and tend to prevent some errors (deleting upgraded Dll,etc). Depending on your level of knowledge, NO app of this kind is perfect. I prefer it detects ALL, but I know my system VERY well, so I'm not afraid of making mistakes. For the beginners, I suggest The big ones, CleanSweep, etc. It will protect you from yourself :)

6. MCT

MCT Registered Member

InstallRite isnt a backup software, its an Install Builder software, most commonly used for programs that dont have silent switches, this enables u 2 install the program silently, it records your installation, by taking a snapshot of your pc b4 & after & comparing the 2, this is also possible with "RegSnap" but regsnap is shareware, while installrite is freeware & regsnap doesnt build an installer for u...
    i use both tools while i work on my unattended XP installation

regards

7. HellHound

HellHound Registered Member

Thanks Guys

I got the program and it is working like a dream.

Thanks again,
    Al :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.