Searching for program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HellHound, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellHound

HellHound Registered Member

Hi Guys

I am looking for a program called "InstallRight". What it does is take a image of your pc, then you can install an app and it checks what changed and makes you a new install file for that app.

Can anybody help me with a web address of where I can find it.

Thanks
    Al :eek:

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

4. blabhead

blabhead Registered Member

5. justmeme99

justmeme99 Guest

I think Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite is the best.
    I read somewhere that most uninstallers in the market skip some reg entries (don't remember why) intentionaly.
    I made a test many years ago, using CleanSweep, Uninstaller (old one) and Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite (EasyClean at this time), and this one (Ashampoo)found ALL modifications, the other ones missed a lot of things (even regular files). I think most of them consider users as beginners and tend to prevent some errors (deleting upgraded Dll,etc). Depending on your level of knowledge, NO app of this kind is perfect. I prefer it detects ALL, but I know my system VERY well, so I'm not afraid of making mistakes. For the beginners, I suggest The big ones, CleanSweep, etc. It will protect you from yourself :)

6. MCT

MCT Registered Member

InstallRite isnt a backup software, its an Install Builder software, most commonly used for programs that dont have silent switches, this enables u 2 install the program silently, it records your installation, by taking a snapshot of your pc b4 & after & comparing the 2, this is also possible with "RegSnap" but regsnap is shareware, while installrite is freeware & regsnap doesnt build an installer for u...
    i use both tools while i work on my unattended XP installation

regards

7. HellHound

HellHound Registered Member

Thanks Guys

I got the program and it is working like a dream.

Thanks again,
    Al :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.