SearchForit Active X

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Barr_y, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Hi
    I have joined to find out why the above Active X deactivates itself in SpywareBlaster and shows up red unticked. I have ticked the box and enabled all security a few times and it keeps coming back. Is there anyway you can delete this spyware please? I have it in Quarantine in Spybot as well.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Barr_y,

This is a False positive error on Spybot's part and will be addressed in an upcoming Spybot update. You can read more about this in the below thread ....and for the time being it's suggested you right click that item after a Spybot scan and select ignore.

This thread---> Spybot Update 8/30/04 False Positive?

3. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Thank you Bubba that thread was interesting and it has put my mind at ease now. I thought it may have been something to do with Win Patrol, as Sygate is always saying Win Patrol is trying to hijack your browser, when infact it is only finding the Plus info I paid for it to do. I do run a security web site for beginners and I needed that sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.