Searched but not to much here about Transaction Guard.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Last thread on the subject was over 10 months ago. Although the blurb on PC Worlds' site mentions Active X, the actual site has Firefox listed. Seems it would be a neat feature for my children traveling with their notebooks. I wouldn't recommend they bank at an airport or hotel but it'd be a better way to even access their mails.
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/transaction_guard

2. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

OK, so I tested this prog. Kind of annoying, however, it does have its upside. Locked my pc up (or so I thought) when i tried to install it from Firefox. I was assuming the problem was Sandboxie but it appears to just be a Ff issue. I then went to IE Sandboxed and it hung again (I guess Sandboxie could be a problem, might try it again later). Installed it from IE not sb and still took quite a while. It said it found two spywares and duped me into some "Guardian" prog which scanned. I disabled the virus part and after 50% stopped it. It showed it found two spywares but then said my pc was clean (already knew this!). The most interesting thing about this is that it apparently doesn't really install and you have to go online each time you want to use it. Anyway, after having it installed I opened my gmail from IE with it. You use its virtual keyboard then hit the F9 key and it pastes its fields into your logon fields. I then eventually installed it in Ff successfully but it took forever. The second time I tried to use it, actually enable would be a better term, (after removing/shutting it down) in IE it did respond quickly so it leaves its imprint somewhere on your system. I suppose if you knew you were going to use your pc in a public place and you didn't have a VPN, you could have it installed and ready to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.