SeaMonkey 2.1b1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I am quite impressed with 2.1b1, the 'Twitter bug' loading problem in my 'My Yahoo' page seems to have been fixed (like in Firefox 4) & most of my extensions seem to be working fine. None of my themes will though. It will look for updates to some, such as Cat Thief's Sea Tab X 111. The Add-ons manager has a new look. I'm very impressed.

I do miss my nerdy Star Trek LCARS theme though LOL! ;)

Has anyone else tried out 2.1b1 yet?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh my god, your Yahoo page works finally, the sky is falling, lol. Thanks for the heads up, I've got a neighbor that loves this browser.

3. Daveski17

Well ... it appears to be working ... LOL! :thumb:

Yeah, I've always loved the Monkey, unfortunately it hasn't always loved me. I honestly dunno why people have such a soft spot for it as it does have a tendency to break the occasional page. Plus, I have never been able to get the WMP plug-in to work in it. It has a new look Add-ons manager which might not appeal to the SM purists either. I'm not so sure Devon Jensen's Download Status Bar is working properly either. Although the manager hasn't stated it is incompatible as it has with Chatzilla (which I don't use).

I'm keeping an eye on my My Yahoo! page anyway! ;)

4. Daveski17

OK, I've tried it on the desktop as well, clean install this time, seems OK perhaps a little skittish in Yahoo! Mail but definitely an improvement in my (dare I say it LOL) My Yahoo! page. Extensions are working well (NoScript, Ghostery, SeaTab X, WOT, British English Dictionary, ABP) so all in all I'm a happy monkey.

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

BTW Dave, new version of Iron being released later today ;)

6. Daveski17

OK thanks for the info, :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.