Seagate disk wizard question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aigle, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

My laptop has internal HD from Hitachi. I recently bought an external Seagate HD. Can Seage Diskwizard be used to image and restore Hitachi Internal HD?

I was able to install Diskwizard when I plugged in USB external seagate HD, was also able to image and make a recovery CD but when I booted from recovery CD, it did not load fully and said that one seagate HD must be installed in the system( means an internal Seagate HD?).

Also when i tried to restore from within windows by reboot, it rebooted, Diskwaizard GUI came up but no progress shwon in restore nad after a while it rebooted again into original OS.

Any input? Thanks

2. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

You might try leaving the external Seagate HD plugged in during all attempts with that Seagate software and see what happens. Seems like as long as one Seagate drive is visible, all will, or should work.

Just a quess - as I've never used that product.

Good luck!

:thumb:

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks, the USB seagate drive was infact plugged in. I wish they were more specific in their terms n conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.