Seagate DiscWizard Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I just noticed that the Seagate DiscWizard Software is stated to allow you to install 3TB and 4TB hard drives on a Windows XP PC. Has anyone tried doing this? Any problems? Do any of the other hard drive manufacturer's offer this option?

Thanks in Advance.

2. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I recently purchased Seagates 4TB internal HDD, but have not had a chance to install it yet.

I did notice that they have included their DiskWizard software which allows full use of the 4TB drive.

I am looking forward to installing it. If it does work without problems, I will be purchasing another one of the 4TB drives.

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

DiscWizard is Acronis software, uses an special driver. There is also a Paragon software, GPT Loader, which allows use of 2TB+ disks in XP systems. Both are non-standard solutions.

4. pratzert

Hmmm.. that's interesting. Thanks fro the info.

I'm running Win7.

I guess you can always partition off that 4TB drive into two x 2TB as well.

I don't know anything specific about that Diskwizard. I wonder if allows one large 4TB drive ?

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

In Windows 7 you can use an internal 2TB+ disk as a data disk without using any special tool. Just initialize it as GPT, not as MBR.

6. pratzert

Thanks. I currently have two 2TB drives and I am installing that 4TB as addtl storage.

I don't know when I'll get around to installing it, but I hope it's soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.