Scrolling, just Scrolling?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I've just acquired a Pentium 4 XP Home OS.....just one small problem...when scrolling, instead of just a nice steady scroll up or down, the whole page kind of 'Ripples'.....makes you feel a bit sick after awhile....any ideas please dear friends?. I've adjusted my Mousey to only one line per scroll but it hasn't made any difference.

TIA, Cochise, :cool:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Cochise, Sounds like your display driver is not set up properly, could be that acceleration is not working properly or your refresh rate is set too slow.
    Right click on the desktop - Properties - Settings - Advanced and make sure your graphics device is working properly and set for optimum performance.

Best of luck. Pilli

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Cochise

Wasn't Win98 painful enough? Now, you've gone and done it!! :D

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hah! You can say that again ronjor me ol' mate....can't say I'm totally impressed with XP....too much of a rigmarole to get anywhere....lucky for me the OS belongs to my niece....it came to a screetching halt some time back and she didn't know why....so it came to me to have a look at, it's only 18 months old and she really has not the slightest bit of interest in it. (More money than you can shake a stick at, easy come easy go... :D :D

No Firewall, No AV, No Spy Snuffer, No Adaware type stuff.....but plenty of stuff like Kazaa etc.,!! some of the stuff wouldn't even be moved out of 'Add/Remove....had to chase after it in regedit....what a laugh... :D

Anyway, I shall be going back to my beloved 98se.....it's much quieter there.. :D

Thanks Pilli for the input....had a look there but couldn't see anything particularly out of order.....I think it might have something to do with this XP OS hooked up to my 'olde' steam-driven Monitor.... :D but considering I shan't be keeping XP ( I was considering buying it from her cheap).....

Best Regards, Cochise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.