"Script is created by a newer version" BS??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrude6, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

I click on a task (a successful backup of files/folders onto an external USB hard-drive) in the ATI ACTIVE TASKS window & up pops the following:

1. E006403FB The script is created by a newer version of ATI......cannot be processed....please upgrade..... this is followed by:
    2. E00640066 The task script is corrupt.........

After these messages, I can actually proceed to create a differential backup without any further problems. I have little faith in the backups I am creating. Please explain what is going on. THE BACKUPS WERE ALL CREATED WITH THE SAME VERSION & BUILD OF ATI HOME (3677). FURTHERMORE, THE BACKUPS WERE VALIDATED SUCCESSFULLY. Thus, these messages make no sense.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you have the drive connected? I get this message if I click on a schedule and try to edit it without the external drive connected.

Colin

3. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

The drive is USB & is ALWAYS on !!

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Does the USB hardware icon always and consistently appear in the system tray?

What happens if you make a new schedule ? I'm not suggesting this is the answer to your problem, just it might help knowing if your install gives the error message no matter what, or just under certain cirumstances.

Do you log onto your XP system and do you have multi users?

When TI was installed was it for all users or just ADMIN or user with ADMIN permissions, or the current user during installation?

Does TI perform the scheduled tasks ?

Colin

5. jrude6

jrude6 Registered Member

I never have seen a USB hardware icon in system tray for any of my USB hardware devices (unless you are referring to the "safely remove hardware" icon).

It occurs inconsistently!!

No & no.

I cannot remember!

Yes.

All this is no longer very important since I have decided that True Image is the worst software I have ever encountered. I have several other problems with the software (see my other posts).

Off topic comments removed - Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrude6,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please make sure that the Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is started and both schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe processes are running (use Windows Task Manager)?

Please also do the following?

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;

- Issue the following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;

- Replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from this ZIP archive.

- Run schedmgr application once again;

- Issue the following commands:

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

If the problem still persists then please do the following:

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.