Script Interpreter error - cannot open or create file

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dilbertnew, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dilbertnew

dilbertnew Registered Member

Script Interpreter error - cannot open or create file

Machine win XP 32 bit.. will not execute backup. How do I fix?

Found this -
    12. When trying to back up to a network share, I get the following error: "i/o error" or "can't open/create file"
    Please check whether you’ve got a permission to write to the selected destination or not.

Computer "A" has mapped drive to a external HD named X on computer "B" (both are xp 32 bit). Drive X has folders sharing turned on. I created a folder on drive X called "backup" with all sharing to the folder turned on. I can write to the external drive on B X>backup from A. I have win7 machines backing up to X>backup folder.

When I talked to paragon - he had me create a folder in X called "backup" to see if the software would backup to it. Not sure if that was a issues, but we had problems writing to root X drive.

----Update----
    Seems to be a issue with network drive, any ideas? I am able to write to a local drive..

Last edited: May 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.