Script, Active X, Cookies set with GeSWall ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by true north, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

I going to try GeSWall but I'm wondering about the settings of script, active x and cookies. I usually block these things easily with my Kerio 4 firewall. So here is my question:
    Would it be wise to block the above even running GeSWall only to make sure and be safeo_O or can I surf without hesitation?
    Thanks for your opinion.

true north

2. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

i've been using geswall for a while now, purposely going to the most dangerous sites on the internet trying to get infected with something. so far nothing. i've downloaded and allowed to execute OS (and MBR) killing viruses like killdisk, keyloggers, xpkiller, etc... and geswall hasn't failed me yet. you can do whatever you want to with your script/active x/cookie settings, as long as the application is isolated (ie protected by geswall) you are good.

ps the thing to remember about geswall is that it's not a firewall, it falls into the sandbox/virtualization category.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi! GeSwall has snothing to do with cookies so u must block them as u like. However Sripts and actice X will cause no harm to the OS due to GeSWall. However I will suggest to keep them blocked/ disabled as I suspect( not sure) they can still work somewhat at browser level( privacy cencerns) though they can,t touch ur OS.

Ur best place to ask this Q is their official forums.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

GesWall does neutralises against active-x programs etc. When my son used only GesWall with the only registry protection comming from CyberHawk free, I can not recall he evered faced malware gotten through via registry or webbrowser settings changed.

Regard K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.