Screenie links missing ?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by CloneRanger, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Went to reply to this,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1758180#post1758180

Screenie in there :)

But when composing my reply the screenie link is missing :(

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1758170

Previously i could see the screenie links :thumb:

I noticed a thread asking about an image mouse over issue, which i can't find now ? Is what i'm now not seeing related to that ?

I think it's handy to have the screenie links in the reply area, as we can open them to view and refer to etc. Maybe it's a temporary blip, hope so anyway ;)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Nothing has changed... For many of your posts, (and a lot of other people's, of course), there are indeed "links" to the uploaded attachments. But, you manually placed those links in the body of your posts when composing them. The attachment links only appear when you use the [noparse][/noparse] tags.

The post by shadek that you are referring to did not include the use of those tags. He just attached the image and let the forum software display it in the default manner, that being in a box at the bottom of the post. Attached images automatically display below the text of a post unless a person specifically adds the ATTACH tag into the post - positioning the image "in-line" somewhere in the body of the text.

Had shadek placed View attachment 222215 in their post, then when you replied, the link would have been there as you were thinking.

The vast majority of attachments, (we have more than 60,000 of them uploaded here), are displayed in the default manner. Most people do not actually use the ATTACH tags to position their attachments.

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ LowWaterMark

I see now, well i don't but i do ;)

I guess i'm used to seeing my links when posting and thought something had changed. But no it's just me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.