Screen goes black when using rescue disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorn, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

When I boot from a TI8 boot disk and select either Create Image or Check Image the screen goes black and I can no longer continue. The machine appears to still be running. Booting from a Safe mode disk is not an option as I wish to access a USB drive. All this works fine from within the Windows XP version of TI.

Comments please.

System:
    Toshiba 6000 Satellite Pro laptop running Windows XP SP2.

2. foghorn

USB 1 [WAS] Screen goes black when using rescue disk

OK, this seems much better on this hardware with a boot disk formed from build 771. The program seems to load and run OK now.

However, because the hardware I am using is so old (2 years) it only has USB 1 ports. This is not a problem for data backup from TI under Windows, particularly the daily incrementals which only take a minute or two.

However when I boot from the CD boot disk there appears to be no support for USB 1 as I cannot see the USB Drive - Can anyone comment on whether this is as expected - or do I have another problem. Note it is not straightforward to expand the hardware to USB2.0 as it is a laptop whose PCMCIA slot is already in use.

Acronis - do you plan to add USB 1 support ?

Thanks for any feedback.

3. foghorn

Put this one down to user error.

There was a problem with build 763, but in 771 the USB drive *is* in fact there. It is just that it found a slot in the drive tree in between A and C, I had expected it to appear after my long list of hard drive partitions as it is in Windows.

If your USB drive isn't showing up and you expect it to, and you have a long list of partitions, you may wish you double check it hasn't slipped in under a different drive letter to the one you were expecting.

Many thanks to Michael Gilkin of Acronis for his patience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.