Screen Flipped 90 Degrees

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mullyman, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

Now heres one i never heard of before...my grandson was hitting all the keys on the keyboard on their computer when all of a sudden the screen flipped at a 90 degree angle...now you have to tilt your head to the left to read anything...i told them to use system restore...but they had it disabled...any suggestions?...by the looks of it..at this stage i will probally have to reformat it for them.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Mullyman, My guess is that it is a function built into the GFX card.
    Right click the desktop - Properties - Advanced - Find the tab that refers to your GFX card model, something like Ge Force 5600 - Open it and in the menu list or drop down list select the "Rotate" option and flip it back 90 degrees :)

Or you'll just have to surf lying down :D

HTH Pilli

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yep.... what Pilli says.. :D

TAS

PS: In case you are wondering why that feature would be available, I have seen some monitors used in newspaper business that are able to be 'swung' vertically, and then the image rotated to 'Portrait' mode so that when doing page layouts, you get a much better viewable size like looking at a newspaper page. Saves having to do a lot of scrolling as at width on normal monitor, the depth cuts off a vast majority of the page. :eek:

Attached Files:

• 015.GIF
      015.GIF
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

Excellent...that did the trick...you two saved me a lot of work...thank you very much for the knowledgeable advice :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yeah, i ever saw a computer at a shop, and the picture was flipped upside down! And some people kept turning their heads trying to see the screen. They could not even figure out the words on the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.