Screen flicker problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tinribs, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I have a recurring problem that I am scratching my head to fix!

My TFT Monitor has for over 2 years been fine, with no problems, but just recently every time I restart the pc the screen displays the text a litle darker (like a faint shadow) and a visible line flicker is present. Now I can adjust the refresh rate to either higher or lower than current and it looks fine and corrects the fault, until a reboot!!! then it happens again (with refresh rate exactly the same as when I shut down the pc) and a variance of refresh raste, either up or down cures the fault, until reboot.

I have just recovered from a hard drive crash that required repartion and format and a complete new instal of windows but still the problem is there! ( I must add fault was present before hard drive crash) Graphic drivers have been renewed as have monitor drivers (Tandberg 15" tft)

Any ideaso_O?

2. hadi

hadi Guest

1-Re-install monitor's driver if it has one.
    2-delete the existing driver>reboot>let windows reinstall it
    hope it helps

3. Tinribs

I did when fault first happened, and it didnt help ;)
    I am truly stumped here, I have yet to try another monitor but I feel it may be at fault.

4. Tinribs

Well, it seems odd, on entering my monitors 'menu' options the 'Phase' needs adjusting every time and cures the problem, but on reboot its back at the old setting!!!!!!!!!! If I had more hair I would tear it out!

5. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Hi Tinribs,

I have not needed as such, but if interested Roadkil.net offers a freeware monitor test that checks out at Jotti's.

GF

6. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I think I will have to try that too! Thanks! G-Force!

Marja:cool:

7. iceni

iceni Guest

8. G-Force

G-Force Guest

You're most welcome Marja!

GF

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

And unfortunatly it could be the microprocessor in the monitor. one way to eliminate the monitor as a problem is to connect a different monitor and see if the problem still exists.

10. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Good point I've seen mentioned before "C" ;).... having only a laptop myself, well? :D

GF

11. Tinribs

Thank you guys for you input, I fear it may well be the monitor.

Ihave discovered that entering the monitor menu and choosing 'Phase' and knocking it down two steps clears up the problem, but on reatart its back to the old setting.

I will leave it here as I feel its a cheap tft monitor giving up the gohst, thanks everyone for their help on a tricky problem :)

Regards
    Kev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.