Scheduling Task?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by otherguy, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otherguy

otherguy Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version to try it out and have a question about scheduling that I would like advice on.

I did a full backup when I first installed the program and then scheduled a incremental to run everyday. I set the maximum number of backups to 20, so what happens after that. Do I need to run another full backup and the re-schedule the incrementals to run off of that full backup instead of the original.

Can I schedule full backups, like one a month and then have the incrementals recgoinize that new full backup. Just looking for some advice on what might be a good backup schedule.

Thanks for any help.

2. otherguy

Just to add, I am mostly asking because I want the new Full Backups to overwrite the old ones so I don't have to manually delete every month. If I have to manually delete then I will.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This is how it's supposed to work:

You create a Backup Location with ATI.

You create a Task that saves to the BAckup Location (not the directory by the same name but the one listed under Backup Locations onthe the tree in the left window. When making the task you can tell it how many incs or diffs to make before creating another full. When the task runs, it should automatically take care of deleting old backups and creating new ones. Iirc, the inc files are not deleted but are overwritten as new ones are created.

4. otherguy

thanks for the info. I will try to set up a new schedule task and see if I can get it to work right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.