Scheduling scans with version 3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dragoneer, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragoneer

dragoneer Registered Member

I scheduled nightly in-depth scans with NOD32 Version 2.7 using a BAT to call ESET software and the XP PRO SP2 scheduler. (Using simple file sharing and welcome screen, i.e., not a domain). This scheme had the following desirable properties:

1. No administrative user logged on
    2. Computer entered S3 suspend/sleep mode when not in use
    3. Scan scheduled for off hours woke the computer, ran the scan, and went back to sleep when finished. Scan was scheduled under administrator login.
    4. The scan log was accessible using ESET/NOD32 tools, i.e., the log was handled just like any scan scheduled or initiated by NOD32 so the log could be accessed by limited user accounts.

I cannot achieve this capability using version 3. Any clues on how to do this would be most appreciated.

-- Jeff Barnett

PS I saw an earlier thread asking a similar question. Unfortunately, it was highjacked to discuss version releases and never returned to the original question.

2. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

Don't have an answer, but I'd like to hear one, cause that's a good idea. :)

BUMP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.