Scheduling parameter error With build 471

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by John Doe Genius, Feb 21, 2014.

1. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

The parameter “--alternate” is not recognized by HDM 14 10.1.214.471, at execution time a message box is displayed: “Disk Utility: Can't open file –alternate"

It is still like 'rothers' posted December 18th, 2013: “I've also noticed two other undocumented switches: --alternative & --multiple, can't find any reference to them in the script manual or scripts.exe -h.”

User 'DrumMemory' wrote August 10th, 2010: “we still don't have any documentation for "--alternate".”

My complimentary support period has expired; I assume it is wasted effort to contact support?

:ouch: :thumbd:

Edit:
    The scripts with parameter -- alternate are created with Retention Wizard v3.0.2.7. Scripts created with HDM 14 10.1.214.471 do not include this argument. If you go into Task Scheduler and remove the argument, the script runs …. in a proper way??

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

This parameter error seems to be resolved by Retention Wizard v3.0.2.9 released 27-02-2014. The most resent version creates a schedule entry with the parameters “--rebootonconfirm -Wno --graph –multiple”; “-alternate” is removed. I haven't found any release notes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.