Scheduling ewido

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by nameless, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'd like to configure ewido 4.0 to do a "quick scan" every night, and a "thorough scan" every week, on Monday. How is this accomplished?

Well, obviously, I can schedule a daily "quick scan", and a weekly "thorough scan" ... but what happens on Monday, when the "thorough scan" runs? Will the daily scan overlap, with both running at the same time? What I'm really asking is ... can I schedule a "quick scan" that runs every day except Monday?

Again, obviously, I can create 6 separate daily schedules, and a 7th one just for Monday. But that's a ridiculous way of doing things.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

What's the problem when running on monday a quick scan and a thorough scan?

Gerard

3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Well, because if both are scheduled at the same time, both run at the same time, which obviously isn't a good thing, since they scan some of the same objects (memory, folders on the same drives, etc.).

I could schedule one at a different time than the other, but then I've got to guess how long the first scan will take, to ensure they won't overlap, and then they still could run at the same time, if I use the If scheduled time was missed, catch upas soon as possible option (which I want to use). Besides all that, I don't want to worry about two different schedule times, in part because I have other scheduled tasks running at strict times (defrags, AV scans, etc.).

I'll answer my own question: The only way to work around this problem is to create 7 different schedules, as silly as that is. How it should work is that if you select Weekly, you can check/uncheck which exact days you want it to run on (the way Windows Task Scheduler works).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Thanks for the info on this, we will try to implement this in future releases. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.