Scheduling Did Not Create An Archive That Could Be Integrity Checked or Restored

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by garioch7, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Back again. Don't you hate newbies? I was setting up the program on an elderly lady's new computer. Successfully did a backup manually yesterday, but thought she might be overwhelmed by all the menus to navigate with the wizard, so today I went through the backup wizard process and then selected "Schedule" once, and then right clicked on "Run Now." The archive files created and can be seen and Paragon reported a successful archive, but it did not show up as an archive that can be integrity checked, nor did it show up as an archive that could be restored, but the files are there on my external drive and look to be the corrrect size.

Did I leave out a step or do something wrong? I never was presented with an "Apply" option and I am guessing that I must have done something out of sequence. Any assistance would be appreciated as the help is not very detailed. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No, we like newbies because every now and then we know the answer to the question and it makes us feel superior. :) Unfortunately, this time I don't know the answer so I will learn when somebody else posts it. I only do manual images with no schedules.

You may have to add the archive to the database and there is a command to do that in the toolbars. Why you should have to do this is another question.

Good Luck.

3. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Thanks for your response. I saw that command, but didn't know what it did, so didn't mess with it. The Help files are not very detailed. If that has to be done (and I agree with you that it shouldn't have to be done), then that would just add some more complexity for my elderly client. Might be easier to teach her how to walk through a backup and integrity check manually.

Thanks again. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.