Scheduling a Backup Task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Henri Blits, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henri Blits

Henri Blits Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image 9.0. I'm trying to set up a regular schedule of backups daily. When doing so, it keeps asking me for a Username and password. The user name is automatically filled in, but everytime I go to put in a password it tells me that the "Username/Password is incorrect. I've used every iteration of password I have stored away in my password manager...and it still tells me the password is incorrect..I even use my administrative (Windows XP) password..and it does not work.
    What do I do? How do I get this to work so I can start doing regular backups..?It's very frustrating...I can I verify if my username is correct also?
    Henri

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Henri,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

Please note that when you create a scheduled task, you should enter the login/password which you use to log into Windows.

If the problem still persists, please try to create the scheduled task through Windows Scheduled Task Wizard.

To perform it, please go at Start->All programs->Accessories->System tools->Scheduled task->Add scheduled task.

Please choose Acronis True Image and follow Scheduled Task Wizard.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Henri Blits

Your solution did not work!!..
    Normally I don't log into to Windows XP because I am at a home computer...I still get an error message that says:

"The new task has been created, but may not run because the account information could not be set. The specific error is 0x80070005:access is denied. Try using the task page browse button to locate the application.

This makes no sense to me at all.
    Henri Blits

4. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Henri,

Have you tried "changing your password"? The Win XP Admin password. Then try the ATI action again adding the "new" password.

hth,

...screamer

5. Henri Blits

That did the trick...GREAT!...Thanks!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.