Scheduler will NOT run external program

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MM34789, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM34789

MM34789 Registered Member

Eset NOD32 v4.2.40 (64-bit version)
    Windows 7 64-Bit

I'm attempting to use Eset to schedule a task to run an external program on Windows 7 64-Bit, but the program window is not opening. The task manager shows the .exe is running, but the window is not opening.

I've tried disabling UAC, windows defender, windows firewall, shutting down all running programs in taskbar - including Outpost and disabling Eset real-time scanning; but the external program's window will not open.

However, when I click on that program's .exe, or any other program .exe, it WILL open properly. The problem is with Eset starting ANY external program with the scheduler.

Any help is appreicated it getting Eset to properly run an external program on Windows 7 64-Bit?

Thanks,

FYI: Eset (32-bit version) WILL properly run an external program, including opening its window, on Windows XP. The problem is Eset running an external program on Windows 7 64-Bit

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

curious, why do you want Eset to run it (and what prog is it) ? Does it work with windows scheduler?

3. MM34789

MM34789 Registered Member

Yes, windows scheduler runs a program.

Eset has the option of running an external program when dialup connection to internet/vpn. This feature has my interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.