SCHEDULER Issue(s)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GaryRW, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Still can't schedule recurring "Run external application" for less than 10 min interval.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is not a bug, it's by design. By the way, what application you need to run every couple of minutes? I can't imagine one.

3. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I so far have no problems with this but my email checker runs every two minutes, for instance. Just an application that can and must do that. So there are examples :)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I just don't understand why ESS/EAV should run email checker in a 2-minute interval :doubt: If you need it then why not to use the system scheduler? We'll probably add a check that will not allow entering less than 10 minutes.

5. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

It's not a normal or desired one, but I must kill a hanging branch process on a URL specific SSL port and allow the root to reestablish the connection. It's a bandaid until we can debug. It's a 24/7 app. I had been using another scheduler but periodically tried ESS/EA.

I can see a desired reason to limit intervals for ESS/EA functions, but not for external apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.