Scheduled weekly scan doesn't complete

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ocky, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

For the first time since I have switched to NOD32, about 5 months ago, my weekly scheduled scan did not run properly.
    The log shows nothing after 'Operating Memory OK >>> Scanned disks,folders and files C;F;G;H; and status shows 'Cleaning' although no cleaning took place.***
    A manual scan worked fine. I then edited the schedule to run at another time to test, and it worked again. However the start time was 35 seconds later than scheduled. Tried it again and still 35 seconds later than scheduled.

*** PS. A couple of locked files (blue), that were not shown in the log after this failed scan, were somehow added to the log when I checked today, otherwise the log still shows 'Cleaning' and is incomplete. o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No particular idea what is/was going on . I would suggest you delete your Scheduled task , reboot and try again .

If there is still a problem , you know the reinstall procedure ;)

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have seen it on my own machine,. it seems to be an elusive bug.

Cheers :D

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You should run a manual scan with the /crashlog parameter and check the last file scanned. We'd need to get that file for analysis. Also you can play a bit with other parameters, such as disabling runtime packers, archives, email files, etc.

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I have not used Blackspear's 'Run as an external application' command line
    parameters before. I tried them now adding the /crashlog parameter. However on running the newly created task 'run now' ( I only included C:/),
    everything ran smoothly i.e. the scan completed, no threats found etc.
    I don't think I should post/submit the created crashlog.txt file as it is 15MB !
    As nothing crashed there is no point ? The problem mentioned by me, although "not nice" seems to have been an isolated case. Will continue to be observant.

PS. I have decided to ditch Dr.Watson - replacing with Dr. Blackspear ! :D

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

LOL :blink: o_O ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.