Scheduled tasks in Paragon Backup & Recovery™ 10 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by denniz, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Would it be possible to add an option to reschedule a task after it has been missed, for example when I have set a daily backup (after I've been logged on) to be run at 19:00 hours, but when I login at 20:00 hours that the scheduled task will still run and won't wait until the next day at 19:00 hours?'

It would also be nice that during the configuration of a daily schedule there could be an option included to auto-minimize the progress window so that the backup progress goes more transparant.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi in denniz,

in Task Scheduler, rt click the Task, Properties>Settings

RUN TASK IF SCH MISSED-2009-11-21_150331.jpg

Hope it helps.

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Yeah, but when I do that then the scheduled task in Paragon disappears, allthough it still appears it the Windows Task Scheduler itself.

paragon.jpg

4. nice_guy

nice_guy Registered Member

same thing in B&R Free. Must be a bug.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi denniz,

How were you able to tick "Run task as soon as possible after Scheduled start is missed".

It is greyed out for me - and no Edit option for Settings in Windows Task Manager.

Did you recreate it from scratch in Task Scheduler?

Did anybody try and see if it Paragon will run anyway - if the scheduled start time is missed?

6. denniz

denniz Registered Member

After creating the task in Paragon, in the Windows Task Scheduler I right clicked the task for Paragon and then choose Properties/Options/Settings (I have a Dutch version of Windows 7, so I don't know the exact name in the english version of Windows 7)

I also changed the setting to configure the task for Windows 7, instead of Windows 2008/Vista.

Doing it this way, the option wasn't greyed out for me.

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I just tested it. If you miss the scheduled start time - it won't run.

If you set it up yourself - like you did in Task scheduler - then it should run , as long as it points at a script in the Paragon scripts folder.

8. denniz

denniz Registered Member

To be honest, I think it's rather silly that an advanced backup program like Paragon still has such a limited scheduler. Also I don't think it should be necessary that the end-user must resort to the Windows Task Scheduler to set more advanced options.

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I think we already established it is a bug /oversight of some kind. Pretty sure it is not intended to be like that.

10. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I'd like to know if Paragon is considering this as a bug also?

11. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I'll ask the devs to take a look at this. It's not behaving the same way for me with Windows XP, so I'd imagine it's only for Vista/7.

XP doesn't have "Run task as soon as possible after Scheduled start is missed" it seems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.