Scheduled Scans

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by koshthetrekkie, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koshthetrekkie

koshthetrekkie Registered Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can help me understand something. We currently have a sceduled scan setup for all our clients which is just:

"Run scheduled Scan with std profile every 720 hours. If task did not run then run asap."

However we are finding that this kills laptops and some pcs at startup when the scan starts. When believe that when the scan does not take place it is scheduled to start the next time the pc is started up. (Which was what we wanted to happen) However some of our laptops can take a few minutes to start up successfully, due to age of builds and network settings being applied.

The problem occurs on these machines because the scan starts before the pc has finished loading up windows. It seems from then on the pc fights for disk cycles between windows starting and nod32.exe and can take 30-40 mins for windows to start up instead of 5 tops. If the pcs/laptops are running when the scan is due then there isnt really that much of a noticeable performance drop on most.

We contacted our supplier and they contacted eset but the supplier has a tendency to take a while to answer emails so I thought i'd try here as well.

We have been advised to change the scheduled scan to be triggered on update of virus defs and to cut a long story short i have set up the scan to run on update every 720 hours and if unable to do so then as soon as possible after this.

My main question is that does this mean that after 720 hours it will wait for the next update and only then run the scan, or that if after 720 hours an update does not occur it will scan as soon as possible, i.e. again during startup if necessary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.