Scheduled Scan in Vista Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Access Denied, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I have read in this forum that NOD32 needs to be right clicked and run as administrator to scan in Vista. I have since verified this need. How do I run a weekly scan if I have to right click NOD32.exe to get it to run?

Also a second question: Is there any other 2.7 issues with Vista that I need to be aware of?

Thank you very much for your time and help. *puppy*

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I find this most Odd :blink: I've never given NOD32 any Administration Rights in Vista, nor do I have the UAC turned Off, and its Scanned every week at 8:30pm Fridays without fail :cautious:

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Other people also have this problem . I remember there was such a thread here some time ago . This can be said "known issue"

Not exactly an issue but Anti-Stealth technology runs in limited mode when you perform a right click scan (because it needs Admin rights) . This is not so important because Anti-Stealth mode works perfectly when running in AMON or when doing normal scan of the whole system (for example)

ESET are aware of these things . Although they are not so important , they will be fixed if necessary (especially in the new versions of NOD32 and ESS)

4. Access Denied

Thanks for the answers.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :)

6. Access Denied

I have it running as scheduled now. Not sure why it would not before. I ran another upgrade of Vista to repair a few other problems and now all is well minus some surround sound(cursed creative labs). Thanks again! *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.