Scheduled jobs don't run

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kjmcmac, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjmcmac

kjmcmac Registered Member

I am reviewing Acronis TI 10 for use on my home machine. I have been trying to get jobs to run through the scheduler, and they never run. Each job successfully runs to completion when I click on the run now icon.

The user I am defining has administrator rights. Schedul2 and schedhlp are both running.

Any ideas?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Have you checked a) the Acronis event log and b) the Windows event log ?

F.

3. kjmcmac

Yes. There is nothing in either the acronis log or the windows event viewer.

4. foghorne

Does the Acronis control panel have anything for "Last Result" for those tasls in the Active task window ?

F.

5. foghorne

6. kjmcmac

Each job has the time/date that I last ran the job manually.

To test, I defined the job. Set a schedule and then waited to see if the job ran. After the time passed, I ran the job manually. Therefore it shows the date/time I last ran the job manually. I then changed the time and waited 12 hours with no execution.

7. kjmcmac

Thanks for your help so far. Unfortunately, I am running an evaluation copy and don't have access to program updates. I have been trying to get a reliable/automated backup solution. I had high hopes for TI, but not so sure now?

8. kjmcmac

FYI. I have been able to get the scheduler working. There was another backup package installed (Retrospect Express HD 1.1) which I uninstalled and now all seems fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.