Scheduled incremental backup fails

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RPMtl, Jan 16, 2015.

1. RPMtl

RPMtl Registered Member

I'm trying to set up Backup & Recovery 15 Home (paid version) to do a simple incremental backup every Friday of files on my data drive that holds stuff like my "My Documents" folder, Outlook files, email, etc.. This is something I've done easily for years using Acronis Backup & Recovery (multiple versions). I'm now trying to move to using Paragon's products as I don't like how Acronis' backup app has evolved and really dislike it since v11.

I did what seemed appropriate by creating a full backup of the data drive and then set up and scheduled the incremental backup. The first incremental version worked fine. But the following Friday the scheduled incremental backup failed with a window popping up saying:

"Can't create increment to the selected virtual archive. The Program allows to create increment only to the initial archive or to the latest increment in a backup chain"

What's going wrongo_O? This sort of task should be quite common and I'm surprised it seems so quirky to set up properly.

Thanks for any help.

Russell

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.