Scheduled Images not being created...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwlms, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwlms

rwlms Registered Member

Hello,

I know I am breaking the first tenant of posting because I am currently using TI 8.0 build 786 on Windows 2003, and not the latest and greatest(889), but I am looking for some verification that there has been a change or fix to scheduled backups. I am running into a situation where a scheduled image just isn't taken over the network, no error messages, no log events at all. So far I have 1 out of 12 that are successful. It I run it manually it runs ok, but not if it's scheduled.

In short, does the 889 build, or earlier, resolve any scheduler issues?

TIA

2. jhamill

jhamill Registered Member

There may be a problem regarding scheduled backups not completing. I have submitted this problem to Acronis, and I am waiting their reply. In your case, does the log file show that the image started, but simply didn't complete? If so, you may be running into a variation of the same problem that I am having.
    I don't know how to link to another message in this forum, but you can search for my thread by looking for the phrase "machine hangs".
    Ihope that this helps.
    JJH

3. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

Do you log on to the server with multiple accounts at one time?

here's your problem. Multiple instances of the Acronis stuff being loaded (not the service, the files in the run key, i'm not having the filenames at hand right now...)

Try logging out all users except one. Run the Acronis service using another "administrator" account. Worked for me.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. rwlms

rwlms Registered Member

Hi Irina,

I have registered our copies if ATI8 on the site already, and have downloaded the update but need to know if upgrading to 889 will fix the the problem I am having. I need to justify the upgrade of a Production environement and I do not want to say this will fix our problem if in fact it will not.

The account being used to create the image is the Domian Administrator. This account has all the rights required to create the image locally and on the share.

The Acronis logs do not even indicate that an image creation even started, except for the one server it worked on. This seems to be a hit or miss event. Sometimes the image will be created successfuly. However, a successfully scheduled image does not guarentee that it will work again, but a failed scheduled image will always fail on subsiquent tries.

Again, a manual "Start Now" of the Acronis Scheduled Task kicked off by the same Domain Administrators account will successfully run, so it's almost certainly not a permission problem.

6. DoC-PpC

DoC-PpC Guest

I am having the exact same issue with Acronis True Image Enterprise Trial (Build 1,143) running under Windows XP (test environment). However I noticed that if the scheduled start time has passed and I stop and restart the 'Acronis Scheduler2 Service' on the machine, the job immediately starts and runs correctly.

I am looking for an enterprise level alternative to Symantec Livestate which IMHO is the most buggy, bloated, painfully unreliable software available (although this seems to be par for the course when it comes to Symantec's software.)

Our engineers have fallen in love with Acronis True Image, but I need a solution that is 100% reliable. We're talking about backing up servers after all...

7. Acronis Support

Hello rwlms,

What is stored in the Acronis True Image log file when the image is not created? Do you get any error message in this case?

I do understand why you don't want to restart the Production environment server but the latest build may help because it contains the updated scheduler. Could you please try to schedule the image creation using the local administrator account for the local computer and indicating the local administrator account for the shared drive? Also please schedule the image creation onto the same computer where Acronis True Image is installed and let us know whether you get the same problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Acronis Support

Hello DoC-PpC,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please download the new (115:cool: build of trial version of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server from our site and let us know whether the problem persists. We have updated scheduler and the problem with Acronis Scheduler2 Service should be fixed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. rwlms

rwlms Registered Member

Ilya,

I have successfully created an image locally using the scheduler. I have also created an image using local accounts on the local and remote machines. This problem seems to be hit or miss...

To answer you earlier question about the logs, there is nothing in them for the times it has failed to create the image. There is no log entry at the time of the scheduled backup.

What changes were made to the scheduler? What issues were addressed.

Thanks.

10. Acronis Support

Hello rwlms,

Did you get any errors or problems during image creation to the network shared drive when using local administrator account? If not it may be better to work in this way. To investigate the problem further we need to know whether the problem persists with the latest build or not. Since it is difficult to update the software because this will cause the computer to reboot it's up to you whether to escalate the problem with the domain administrator account or just use the local administrator account.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. rwlms

rwlms Registered Member

No errors at all, even when there is a failure.

However, I have noticed that if the Acronis Scheduler2 Service is stopped and restarted after a scheduled creation failure, the image creation starts right then.

Again, what issues where addressed with the new Scheduler?

12. Acronis Support

Hello rwlms,

This issue is fixed and the latest build shouldn't have this problem. Please update your version to the latest build available at our site.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.