Scheduled Full Backups Not Running.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bewareofthecow, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewareofthecow

bewareofthecow Registered Member

We have Acronis True Image Enterprise Server on 5 of our servers. 3/5 are working normally. However, on the other two the scheduled FULL backups do NOT run.

The differentials are running normally, I can even manually run a full backup. There is no error in the event log

I have upgraded the Acronis software on these two machines to the latest version and it has not resolved the issue. I have also tried deleting the scheduled full and re-creating it several times.

Very bizzare.=

2. Tim_chase01

Tim_chase01 Registered Member

join the club, I got workstation and it just stopped working 3 weeks ago. Not sure whats going on. Looking at the threads they're having issues with the NEW home version release but it doesn't mention anything about the older version. o_O o_O o_O

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

With the fore knowledge that sometimes on some systems backups do not run it is important to regularly check your event logs not only for errors and failed backups,if any, but also for the absence of backups which have never started.
    It is an unfortunate fact that event logs as they are currently designed cannot record non-events such as a backup that was scheduled but never started.

I was caught out by this problem when I tested TI 11 on my PC. My normal practice is to make regular restores to swapped main hard drives. This I did with what I thought was the current day's backup image. It was in fact one from the previous day as the current scheduled backup had not run.
    My solution is to check the logs daily looking especially for any backups that have gone AWOL and I now always check the time and date of a backup .tib before i commit a restore.

Xpilot

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bewareofthecow and Tim_chase01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please have a look at this post and see if it solves the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.