Scheduled DVD burn info Please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rhrob, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhrob

rhrob Registered Member

DVD Drive opens and asks for media?

Hello,

I have created my server disk image. I am now doing a daily def. backup. I set the scheduler to burn the latest def. backup once a week to a dvd. When I tested it I had a new disk in drive and had everything ready to go. Step 2, def. backup completed..
    Step 3, burn that *.tib to dvd..

To my surprise the drive popped open and asked me to install my media? I lightly touched the drive and of course it closed. Another window asks me if I am ready to burn ?

Am I unable to configure a fully automated burn with Ti 8? Your thought s would be appreciated.
    RH

2. rhrob

rhrob Registered Member

Help Please!!
    Second post of question. Can a scheduled burn be done without having to be there to confirm disk is in drive?
    I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer!
    R

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi rhrob,

I don't use TI's scheduling function but, using the latest build of TI 9.x (that supports imaging direct to DVD), and assuming your image fits on a single DVD, I can see no reason why not. Just make sure you untick the checkbox for TI's default backup option "Ask for first media while creating backup archives on removable media" (Tools > Options > Default backup options > Additional settings).

Hopefully someone else will chip in if I'm wrong.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: DVD Drive opens and asks for media?

Hello rhrob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 8.0 always asks user to insert the first media when backing up to a removable media such as CD or DVD. This is made by design and can not be changed in any way. However, there is an option implemented in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home allowing one to avoid receiving this confirmation (see section 5.3.9 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for details).

We recommend that you download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

You can find the detailed instruction on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the User's Guide mentioned above.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you are satisfied with the work of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home free trial version then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

rhrob - I've merged your two threads together since you had one answer in each regarding the same issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.