Scheduled Backup Could Not Start

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by lourensz777, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lourensz777

lourensz777 Registered Member

Hey All,

I am trying to get WindowsNT backup going on a Windows 2003 Server whilst searching for a decent backup program that will do the job for us.

The situation is this...
    I have created the scheduled backup as follows;
    Incremental backup that happens every 2 hours from 8am-6pm every weekday.

The server is setup on a domain. I set the scheduled task to use the administrator account on the domain.

The backup runs through the day like it should. When I check it the next day I get the error message. Could Not Start

Here is the info from the log file.
    <begin log file>
    "TATS-MYOB-INCREMENTAL.job" (ntbackup.exe) 2/07/2009 8:00:00 AM ** ERROR **

The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.

The specific error is: 0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.
    <end log file>

However when I re-insert the user account details the backup runs again all through the day. The next day it's no good again. Same error message.

If anyone could help I would be extremely happy.

Thanks,
    Josh.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Josh,

I answered 'cause I think you're on the wrong forum. Otherwise, and forgive me for not knowing much about server stuff, take a look at the last post on this page, similar to Brian French's final reply. I'm guessing you've got the more obvious potentials covered, allowed logons, passwds ...

Steve

3. lourensz777

lourensz777 Registered Member

G'day Steve,

Thanks for the reply.. I will have a look when I get some time. See what I can find.

Yeah thought that after I created the topic. I might try somewhere else.

Thanks for your advice though.
    Cheers,
    Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.