Schedule tasks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bpbp00, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpbp00

bpbp00 Registered Member

I had this working awhile ago, but don't remember how to get it to work again. First I created a backup location (D: drive) - Location size quota 189 - Number of backups = 2. (My C: drive is close to 60 gig). Everything worked fine. I would create a 3rd backup every shutdown and the next startup would have my most recent 2 backups. Then the automatic startup of backup at shutdown stopped working. I deleted the task from the task scheduler and created a new task to run every shutdown. The problem is that I don't get the message that a file name is not needed. It keeps creating a "backup.tib" file on D:. How do I get the automatic file names back again (the one with all the wierd numbers showing date time etc. as my file names.
    Bob

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bpbp00,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that in order to use automatic naming of backup files and automatic archives management functions of backup locations you should select the needed backup location from the special section "Backup Location" from the drives tree (check this screen shot).

I would also recommend that you have a look at this thread <delete inkremental Backups after a defined time> describing how to use backup locations.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.