Schedule Task won´t even try to start!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Michael84, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael84

Michael84 Registered Member

Hello!

We´ve got two Compaq ProLiant DL380 Server. On both we try to make a scheduled Backup with Acronis True Image Server 7.0 (one with build 634 and one with build 597).
    On Server with build 597 task won´t even try to start! There´s no failure reportet. I guess there´s a problem with True Image Scheduler.
    Can anyone help? Is there another suggestion besides install the new build?

On Server with build 634 the task is started but this failure is reported:
    (It´s translated from German, because we´ve got the German verison.)

Image Process has bin closed with failures.

Image of Drive C: can´t be created, because either it´s used by another program or drive contains faulty sectors. Close all programs that use drive c:
    and execute a drive checkup.

I´ve checked all the processes running on the server but none really uses drive c: all the time. Does anyone have a solution besides using scandisk or chkdsk.

Thx for your help!

Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael --

Please check the drive on errors and also ensure that you don't have any anti-virus or alike software turned on. If you do, please turn it off and re-try to create the image.

Thank you.

3. Michael84

Michael84 Registered Member

Thx for your help!

The Build Upgrade to 634 did it for the DL380 with the old build 597. It works fine now.

But the other DL380 with build 634 won´t do images still. I´ve checked the drive for errors and stopped all critical (seeming) processes like IIS and Mcaffe.
    The failure is still the same:

Image Process has bin closed with failures.

Image of Drive C: can´t be created, because either it´s used by another program or drive contains faulty sectors. Close all programs that use drive c:
    and execute a drive checkup.

I´ve checked all the processes running on the server but none really uses drive c: all the time. Does anyone have a solution besides using scandisk or chkdsk.

I´ve also tried The new True Image Server 8.0 (build 771). It´s stops with error code E00070021 which is same failure as above in Version 7.0.

What other processes are critical for Acronis True Image Server?
    Can anyone or Acronis Support give a list?

4. boston_red_sox

boston_red_sox Registered Member

I get the same message, check the event viewer on win2k server. I had to remove remote storage service in control panel and reboot. That worked 1 time and the backup took 18 hours for my D drive. Then I got the same error E00070021 every time (D drive). Other image programs give similar results and microsoft backup wont complete. I think my system files are hosed. However, I can image the C drive (2 hours , 6gig drive). Looks like a rebuild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.