Schedule server/client scans at different times?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Guyanendra, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guyanendra

Guyanendra Registered Member

I'm fairly new to ERAS, so hoping someone can help.

Our network is simple: 1 server and 25 desktop clients.

I used policy manager in ERAC to schedule a weekly scan for all computers on our network (highlight 'Server Policy', click Edit, go to ESET Smart Security,ESET NOD32 Antivirus --> ESET Kernel --> Setup -->Scheduler/Planner).

It works fine except I want to schedule the server scan at a different time/day as the clients. As it is now, all computers (including server) are scanning at the same time.

I've read the ERAC user manual through, and read the policy section multiple times, but can't quite get it through my head. Do I need to setup a child policy (for just the backup) that would supercede the parent policy?

Thanks for any help you can toss my way.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Instead of a parent / child relationship you may just want to create two separate policies. Creating separate policies will ensure that unwanted settings are not inherited. I would also recommend that you use the same task ID for the scheduled scans in both policies. If you do not use the same task ID you may end up with multiple scheduled scans with different task ID’s. This could happen if the servers accidently got the default policy / configuration and already added the task. If you are using the same task ID in both policies, when the servers policy kicks in it will modify that scheduled task instead of just adding a second scan with a different task ID.

You may also find this ESET Knowledgebase article on the Policy Manager useful.

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. Guyanendra

Thank you! I'll give it a try.

4. Guyanendra

That did the trick. Thanks so much for your advice. Much appreciated.

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

That is good to hear. Glad to have been of assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.