Schedule question ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sjpage, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjpage

sjpage Registered Member

Is it possible and if so how

to set up a schedule to so that on a Monday a full backup is created then from Thursday to Friday an incremental back up is added to Mondays , then on the next Monday a new full backup is created and Tuesdays to Fridays are added to it and so on ... (without creating 52 schedules)

Or

For one full backup a month to be created with every other weekday added as an incremental with a new full backup starting every month
    And would 20 incremental backups or more cause a real slow restore

And I would need to delete all incremental backups after say 3 months or so to make sure there was always enough disk space, but I guess I could do that from a command prompt before execution

I'm looking to purchase this software for our schools servers, is there any discount for education bodies and where would you advise I purchase this from so as an invoice may be directed to us (UK)

That is if I can get the schedule working properly I intend using it linked to 1tb network backup drive

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You need just two schedules.

One is a full backup which runs every Monday.
    The other is an incremental which runs each day.

Both schedules backup to the same filename.

When the full (or the first incremental) runs a full backup is produced.
    Each day an incremental is written alongside the full. These are based on the same filename as the full, but have a digit added to them to distinguish them.

On the following Monday a new full is created which overwrites the previous one and orphans all the incrementals.

The existing incrementals will now be gradually overwritten as the week progresses.

A rolling one month version of this is at :

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=846178&postcount=4

F.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sjpage,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that beside the solution foghorne provided, the latest versions of Acronis True Image (specifically, Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server) provide with means to accomplish this goal with a single scheduled task by using automatically managed backup locations.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home or free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server (depending on operating systems you use) to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the windows version for a period of 15 days and manage 5 remote computers (for corporate versions). The standalone version (bootable media) will have only restore function available.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team by filling up the Volume License Request form available at the Purchase Acronis Corporate Solutions page of Acronis web site.

Please note that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every computer it will be used to manage.

You can also visit our Live Chat if you have any pre-sales questions. Live Chat operators will also help you and forward your request to the appropriate Sales Person.

Please also feel free to post any questions concerning Acronis software on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. ctinsley

ctinsley Registered Member

Hello,
    I have purchased TI Enterprise Server and I am trying to setup a backup schedule for one of my servers. I have also installed Acronis Backup Server to manage the image files. I'm a bit confused on how I should proceed and would like some examples or suggestions. I want to run a full backup each week on the server, then each day after the full backup I want to run differential backups. I would then like to start the process over again the following week with a full image of the server and new differentials. Can this be done with one backup task? What settings should I use in Acronis Backup Server to facilitate this schedule? Thanks!

CT

5. Acronis Support

Hello ctinsley,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

For your schedule you can set the "maximum number of incremental backups for each full backup" quota on the backup location to 6 and schedule a daily backup creation at a desired time/event. You can set the other setting of the backup location as you want. Please notice that when backing up to Acronis Backup Server differential backups aren't available (only full and incremental are).

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. ctinsley

ctinsley Registered Member

If I wish to manage images for several servers, should I setup a separate storage area for each server? I will be backing up 3 servers and I want to make sure that each server's image files are compiled correctly. My concern is that if all images are stored in the same directory, I will not be able to manage the maximum number of backups properly.

Thanks!

Chris

7. Acronis Support

Hello ctinsley,

Please note that you can add each user/computer to Acronis Backup Server database and associate it with its own backup location. You can change the default backup location and its quotas/time limits. Check chapter 4.5 "Managing backup server" in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.