Schedule problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by djmorgan, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

I've sent this to support, but while I'm waiting thought I'd give you good folks a chance to solve it. :D

I have a problem with version 796 of Acronis True Image 8.0 it's in regards to the scheduling feature.
    I have had ATI since version 7 with no problems and this has me stumped as I think it has only occurred with the latest update (796)

I have set up a scheduled event for every Friday evening making a full image to SZ on a second internal HD

I can right click on the scheduled icon and click start now and the image is done but only if I have not set a time to this schedule in other words the 'don't start automatically' is active.

If a schedule is set then either at the scheduled time or by right clicking above I get an error message following:

THE APPLICATION FAILED TO INITIALIZE PROPERLY (0xc0000142) CLICK OKAY TO TERMINATE THE APPLICATION

Now reading the forums and FAQ I have downloaded and made the schedreport.txt and attached here

I have uninstalled ATI and cleaned all reference from the registry and reloaded TWICE with the same error I have remove the folder from Program files and any other reference to Acronis but still can't get it to work.

2. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

downgrade to previous build. i have same issue with this and corp edition

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djmorgan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Since you have already sent all the necessary information you are likely to have the problem solved soon. If you don't get any reply from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please send me a PM with your Acronis request # that was sent to you as an autoreply. I will try to find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. djmorgan

Well I found the cause of the problem and can only assume that it is due to an incompatibility between two programs.

Prior builds of TI worked fine but the latest build will not carry out a schedule task if Sysmetrix is running.

Sysmetrix is a monitoring program amongst other things but if it is running TI will not run a schedule, will backup etc but just not on a schedule.

So there you have it which program is at fault?

:cool:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djmorgan,

Thank you for your diagnostics. I have forwarded this information to our Development Team and we will contact you via e-mail soon.

Thank you for the cooperation.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. djmorgan

I have now built a Samurize application and it works fine with TI :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.