Schedule Defrag

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Glen, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen

Glen Registered Member

Hi,

Is there a way to have the Defrag option sheduled to automatically run?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Glen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 uses standard Windows Defragment tool. I'm afraid that you will not be able to schedule defragmentation by means of Acronis Disk Director Suite.

We can recommend you to use Windows Scheduler. You can find it in Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Scheduled Tasks.
    Please start the Add Scheduled Task wizard there, click Next and then click on the Browse button. The Defragment program is located in the C:\Windows\System32\ folder. The name of the file is "dfrg.exe".

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. BadHead

BadHead Registered Member

I use Executive Sofware's DisKeeper (http://www.diskeeper.com/) to schedule defrags. This is an excellent program and is purely an extension of the WinXP inbuild Defrag tool as Executive Software developed it for Microsoft. Scheduled dafrags are run in low priority so the hit on performance is almost imperceptible unless running a game. The manual defrag is also many, many times faster than the native Windows XP tool. I've bought this program from version 7 and would'nt consieder my system complete without it.

You can also install a free version which does not carry out scheduled jobs, but is still quick when doing it manually.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.