Scanning Time, Resource Usage

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Frank the Perv, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I could care less about either scanning time or resource usage.

Lots of people talk about resource usage….. and quite frankly, I don’t get it. Maybe it’s owning an older computer. I've never had a product that seriously affected my system based on resource usage.

And people talk about scanning time for some security products being too long. This one is a real mystery to me. You can either keep doing other things while you scan, or you can start the scan and walk away.

In both instances, the important thing is the depth and breadth of the scan, and the ability of the product detect, to prevent and to remove malware.

I encourage the Ewido guys not to worry too much about resource usage and scan time and be concerned primarily with the effectiveness of the product in the upcoming release of TDS-4.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

All software is not of real use if you find that it affects system performance considerably.

At the present time, the Ewido Guard on some sytems, even relatively new ones, seems to slow down bootup and have an appreciable effect on the performance of the affected systems. This has been well documented here at Wilders. Thankfully I have not seen any problem on my system.

So the real-time monitoring of Ewido does seem to be a problem on some computers.

Whereas I agree with you about the scan time of the on-demand scanner. Effectiveness is the key here as long as scan times are not too, too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.