Scanning Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by trjam, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

When I do a scan of Execution of Hard drive, set to blackspears settings, the scan goes off as scheduled but, it kicks out once it starts. It says Operating memory ok, but then it says," Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2 physical disk. Error reading sector."

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

think I may have found some solutions in the FAQ section, will try them later. Sorry for not checking their first.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ok, logged in as admin, printer isnt the issue. I dont see any special boot managers installed in msconfig. Any other advice please.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This , " Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2 physical disk. Error reading sector " may occur when you have other USD devices which are unplugged at the moment (can't be accessed) . For example you have a card reader connected to your PC via USB but the card isn't there , no card so an error occurs , it it isn't bootable , too . Think of such devices ...

Read the whole post here . Try to unplug all USB devices , scan again and you should have no errors . Then plug them one by one followed by a scan to determinate which one "makes the problem" if you can manually :thumb:

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually my daughters usb plug to her IPod was plugged in. Could that do it and will check it out in a little bit. Thank you dearly for your help.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it could . I have two MP3 players . One of them is Ok , no problems . However if I scan the second one I see the similar error so it is the MP3 player in my case , I simply don't scan it anymore ;)

Try to unplug and replug all kind of such devices to check

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

that did it HiTech, thank you.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are most welcome , trjam ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.