Scanning in safe mode??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by drameet, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drameet

drameet Registered Member

I m using NOD 32 AV version 3.29 beta 2 on Win XP SP2!! It doesent allow scanning in safe mode?? Whenever i try to start it in safe mode it says communication with kernel failed?? I have tried this in a couple of other systems using the same and the same error? how to scan in safe mode then??

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

where you got 2.9 beta?

3. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

(if you have NOD32 ver. 2.X)what file do you run ? nod32kui.exe or nod32.exe ? if you run nod32kui.exe then thats normal you get that error msg because in safe mode nod32 kernel is not running. To scan in safe mode you should run nod32.exe instead of nod32kui.exe
    (if you have NOD32 ver 3) to scan on safe mode you should run ecls.exe (command line scanner via command prompt / run menu)

4. drameet

Thank u sir for replying!! i checked the esset program directory it doesnt have any of the files u mention though it has a file called ecmd. when i double click it nothing happens!!! I try to run it fropm RUN nothing happens!! i opened command promp! It says it is esset command line scanner!
    no command given!! Then i tried scan/clean it says error performing action!!Plz help

5. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

which version of nod32 do you use ? if you use version 3 try to uninstall then install rc1 (latest) which include ecls.exe (command line scanner)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ecls.exe was added in ESS/EAV RC1 and it should run in safe mode fine

7. drameet

ok i will install the latest one!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.