scanning Gmail messages

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by artspace, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artspace

artspace Registered Member

Hi, Firstly, let me state that I'm a low tech user. I use Outlook Express and one of my main email accounts is gmail (which uses port 995). It seems that my gmail messages are not being scanned by NOD32. I have looked at the forum link in the FAQ list for gmail message scanning posted in 2003 but there are a number of things I don't understand about it and the thread can no longer be posted to. Do those instructions work and if they do can someone pls explain them a bit more clearly. There was also an old posting (2002) that suggested that all messages (incl from port 995?) were scanned in AMON but I had to view my messages as text only and turn off msg preview.

can someone pls advise me what is the best way to view my gmail messages in outlook express or am I better to change email server - (suggestions for a better public email server?). thanks for any help offered.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Have you seen this post (2006) about scanning gmail messages? If theres something you dont understand just PM VaMPiRiC_CRoW and im sure he can clarify it for you.

I dont know what you mean about the best way to view messages, but its safest to view them as plain text and turn off previews.

And lastly, NOD32 will scan attachments when you download them (if you ever decide to) so youre still protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.