scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sharonsa, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharonsa

sharonsa Registered Member

Hi,

I have version 3 of nod32 antivirus.

when I scan my computer, and a threat is found, the scanner either clean the threat automatically, or open a notification box which stops the scan. Is there an option in which all the threats are shown at the end of the scan, when I can decide myself what to do with each threat (like in the old version) ?

thx

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Use the 'custom scan' and put a check in the box 'Scan without cleaning'.

3. sharonsa

I did that, but when I right click the threat in th log file, it gives me 3 options: copy, copy all & export, but it doesn't give me an option to delete, quarantine ect.

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Log entries are just that .... log entries. They are NOT the actual malware files. You can't remove or quarantine malware from the log entries.

5. sharonsa

so from where can I remove the threats ?

6. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

Have you checked the quarantine?

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

If the malware is not in the Quarantine, you have to remove the file from its location on disk. Double clicking on the on-demand log files will give you the detail records. You can find the file location there.

8. sharonsa

In the previous version I could do it from the result window. How come I can't do it in this version ?

9. sharonsa

anyone please ?

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Because this version is different. The Tools\Log files section is just that, log files of Detected threats, Events and On-demand computer scans. If you are needing to deal with an infected or suspicious file, you need to look in the Tools\Quarantine section.

I realize that is pretty much what Eclipse and Thankful mentioned above, so I'm not sure what further to add :doubt:

Perhaps if We could forget the "old version" and it's way of doing things it might help.

Do you have an infiltration that you would like to do something further with or are you needing to know how better to adjust Realtime and\or On-Demand cleaning paramaters for different profiles ?

Remembering that the Logs are nothing more than Logs in this version, would it help if you posted a log entry you have questions with and perhaps We can go from there :doubt:

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.