Scan won't complete

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jorma, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorma

Jorma Registered Member

My system became infected over a month ago. Won't let me do a system restore. Rep at Microcenter told me to use ESET NOD32 to clean.

Installed it and keep running scans that tell me of 8 infiltations but does not clean the infections or complete the scan. Most recently I started a scan 17 hours ago and it's been stuck at 98% since I got up and checked this morning.

I can't download service pack 4 and the windows malicious software removal tool won't complete either.

Whatever virus is in that system is doing a great job of defending itself.

Haven't found any useful information on the ESET website and they don't appear to offer phone assistance.

I'm running window xp - service pack 3

Any clues folks?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You could try the Online scanner and see if it finds and cleans the threat.

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi Jorma,

You might open a Support case here if the Online scanner doesn't help.

BFG

4. Jorma

Jorma Registered Member

Giving the online scan a go now although the nod was still operating stuck on 98% and wouldn't stop.

I'll report back upon completion...or lack thereof.

Thank you two!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the scan stuck even with archives / sfx archives disabled?

6. Jorma

Jorma Registered Member

Marcos...I don't know what archives / archives sfx is... in order to disable it.

I did the online scan to find the following two infections even though the NOD32 installed scan found eight.

C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\Identities\{EE206DEE-010C-416F-AE8E-06997946652C}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx JS/Redirector.NAV trojan unable to clean

C:\Documents and Settings\default\Application Data\Identities\{EE206DEE-010C-416F-AE8E-06997946652C}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Deleted Items.dbx JS/Redirector.NAV trojan unable to clean

What's next?? A scan in safe mode?

7. Jorma

Jorma Registered Member

Sent a filled out form to ESET describing the problem from the software to find a blank page at the end. Don't know if they got it or not.

So I did the online version which told me that I'd get an immediate email. That was Saturday and I haven't heard anything from ESET yet.

I'm going nowhere fast with an infected system. Is NOD 32 supposed to clean my infected files or should I remove it and get something else??

I've had this software for six weeks now, done countless scans and still have the same problems.

HELP!!!!!

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

In case the many ESET mods didn't see it:

There was here a member posting "HELP!!!!!".

Where are all those ESET mods jumping in for help? Do they actually care at all?

9. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

10. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Try Disabling "Archives" and "Self Extracting" options in the ThreatSense engine parameters. Enable the "Log all Files" option.

11. Jorma

Jorma Registered Member

toxinon12345 Try Disabling "Archives" and "Self Extracting" options in the ThreatSense engine parameters. Enable the "Log all Files" option.

Did this and started a scan over 30 hours ago and it's been stuck at 99% for most of today. Also, it didn't find the 8 infiltrations that existed last scan.

I'm screwed!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.