Scan plain old Zipped files?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by controler, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Hello

I was wondering if Ewido scans zipped files. I submitted an old begal virus to Virus total that I keep getting in an old e-mail account and Ewido, UNA and AVG won't detect it. I contacted the ISP about it a year and half ago and told them about it. They said oh we are getting a AV but I still keep getting the same old on with same name and everything. I didn't mark it as spam because I just am curious as to how long they will let it go. I am starting to get a bit pee'd at them now LOL.

Comes to me with subject RE: WBLblonde
    Even at the time I was on a dating site this didn't get past the last gray cell I have, even though the first letters are the same as my home town. sneaky huh?
    Actualy I think I posted this same thing here a year or so ago.

controler

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

3. controler

controler Guest

Hello and thanks. I sent the file but can forward intire e-mail if you like incase there inan embedded script which opens it. The file requires a password so am guessing there is an imbedded script that auto opens it. Microsofts unzip won't unzip it but 7-ZIp will ask for password and if chose skip it sets a desktop icon with 0 bytes as bislgum.exe and a 4 kbyte DOS icon of 4 k on desktop. Wierd huh?

controler

4. controler

controler Guest

Mr impatient asks, Any word?
    Never heard back from anybody

5. karl.ewido

If you mean the Worm Bagle, the ewido software detects also this malware. If you accidentally started the email attachment the ewido background guard will detects and removes this bagle.

6. controler

controler Guest

Hello Karl

I am sorry for the missunderstanding. Actualy what I ment was , why didn't Ewido and two others detect this at Virus Total? I was wondering if they have all the options set to high in their version of scanner.

And that is why I asked here if Ewido scans password protected files.

thank you

controler

7. karl.ewido

The ewido scanner cannot scans inside password protected archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.