scan my mbx files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ronen, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronen

Ronen Registered Member

when I run on demand scaner on my hard drive and infected file detect in my inbox.mbx the only option I got is "leave" why can not I delete or rename ?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since Outlook Express is the only program capable of modifying dbx files, please look up and delete the particular email in your OE manually.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

If Nod or any other AV program deleted the infected file, it would also delete the entire folder i.e. infected file found in "inbox" would delete your entire "inbox", it would rip apart the program, just how Microsoft designed Outlook Express... So when you get a warning that there is an infected email from XYZ, stored in your "inbox" then you need to go to your inbox and find the email from XYZ and delete that particular email, then empty you deleted items folder, and you are virus free again :D

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yes, just like NOD32 beta deleted my entire Sent Items folder (about 5000 messages) when I told it to delete ONE infected message! I had no way to backup on that computer so I lost all those messages I had been saving. My experience is the reason why NOD32 doesn't touch those files now. Much better that you have to do it yourself. :D (I also had NOD32 beta delete the entire trash folder in OE instead of just the one message with a virus).
    Now you probably understand why I still don't use IMON!

5. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

IMON would not have deleated the foldero_O

IMON would have just deleted the one infected message.

That is one advantage for using IMON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.