Scan issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Hagla007, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagla007

Hagla007 Registered Member

Every time I try to scan my computer, no matter which "state" it is(in-depth scan, smart scan, etc), it stops and ends in boot sector. Only five object has been scanned. I looked up what items would be scanned in the scan, and everything was checked. What's wrong? Should I just reinstall Nod32? It will probably fix the issue, I suppose.

My build is:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Eset Nod32 5.2.9.12
    Scan module 1367

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is really weird. If you run "ecls.exe c:\" from the ESET install folder, does the scan run fine? If you enable logging of all scanned files in the appropriate on-demand scanner profile setup, what are those 5 objects that are scanned?

3. Hagla007

I get an error opening Disk A and Disk D.

My memory is - ok. So is "Active Boot Sector" and "Main Boot Sector". Don't know how to translate the two latter, since I don't have the English version of Nod32. Boot sector to disk C is - ok. But it seems something is messed up in boot sector, which makes the scan to end, and can't finish. I tried to only scan Disk C (C:\), but the same happened again, it ended after scanning five files.

When I run ecls.exe, a black window appear, but it automatically closes. Sometimes if I spam click the .exe file, the window will be visible for approximately 3 seconds before it closes, however, something like "The command line argument is not specified" is written in the command line.

4. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Is it possible that you have set c:\* in exclusions list?
    If you have whole disks excluded from scanning, only boot sector gets scanned. A: and D: are probably floppy disk and CD/DVD drive letters. If there is no media inserted, NOD shows error opening drive...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  5. Hagla007

I haven't done that. However, when I look through the exclusion list, it appear I have set it to exclude it from scanning.. Kinda weird since I only exclude trusted applications and files, and not c:\*. And trust me, it's a long time since I've excluded a file or folder, and not long ago, I did a successful scan..

Anyway, thank you for your help. I should've checked my exclusion list in the first place. o_O Again, thank you! :p

6. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

You're welcome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.