Scan interrupting instantly

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Kasun, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasun

Kasun Registered Member

I'm using nod 32 antivirus version 4.2.71.2 and haven't perform a smart scan from a long time,so yesterday I perform a smart scan using eset and when eset scanning the second partition of my HDD suddenly eset froze (see the screenshot) after restart I try smart scan twice and like previous times when eset scanning the second partition it froze instantly.Then I perform a custom scan for same partition and it worked fine nothing wrong and no threats detected

I need to know why eset freezing at second partition when I'm using smart scan?

My system properties :-
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional [Service Pack 3]
    Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8GHz
    1.00 GB of RAM

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what type files are on the other drive (archives like .zip, .rar .iso)? did you run chkdsk to check for any errors?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The best would be if you could generate a complete memory dump from that state as per the instrucions here and convey it to ESET.

4. Kasun

Kasun Registered Member

That drive filled by (.exe)s,archives and few .iso image files,I contact customer care and they suggest me to do this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.