Scan freezes at 84%

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by poobum999, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poobum999

poobum999 Registered Member

A few months ago I purchased ESET Smart Security. I have never been able to perform a system scan without the scanner freezing at 84%. This is on my brand-new laptop running Windows Vista. I also have a slightly older computer with Windows XP and it has no problem running scans. My laptop always gets stuck scanning C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer\ and when I try to cancel the scan the program tells me it is stopping, but 34 hours later, it is still “stopping”.
    Can anyone here think why it may be freezing? I have checked out other topics but haven't found an answer.

Thanks,
    Poobum999

2. miki69

miki69 Registered Member

Did you try different scan types, Full and Smart, does it happen in both modes?
    Do you have your laptop on battery or AC while scanning?
    Maybe to disable wireless connection during scan? Obviously something hogs your scanning procedure, not so easy to find out what as it could be related to your system or to ESS.

I did full scan of my laptop no problems.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  3. miki69

miki69 Registered Member

4. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

Mine hangs also . I also use laptop. An HP one. With vista.

It hangs on Tversity media serve. Strange thing is that when I just right click on the media server and scan it it works fine.

But on smart scan en custom it hangs. It does nothing and I have to restart the pc to finish the scan. I might have to try the tutorial whats posted here but honestly it should just scan without a problem. Right now I excluded it but I want it to work :-( . I am using the trial version and want to buy it but I first want this problem fixed .

5. eezdva

eezdva Registered Member

OK , I did the tutorial and it FIXED the problem. When i push smart scan it scans everything. Way faster and it doesnt hang anymore. Strange though that we have to manualy fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.